Many organizations now use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) during their recruitment processes. An ATS can be invaluable especially when dealing with large volumes of applicants. It enables recruiters to easily handle critical aspects like resume screening, reviewing applicant records, generating compliance reports, social sharing, and so on.
Ultimately, an ATS enables recruiters to handle the entire hiring process in a simple, straightforward and organized manner. Unfortunately, there is one critical step in the screening process which ATS cannot help with.
This is a major source of frustration for recruiters. The reason for the frustration is simple – the background check process offered by most vendors is now digitized. But then, there is no way for the background checks systems and the ATS’ to communicate.
The end result is that recruiters often end up with two hiring systems – the ATS and the background check system. One can also end up with two data streams about an applicant. One contained in the ATS and another in the background checks system. The most annoying thing is that there is no way to integrate the data. If the information from background checks
has to be included in the ATS, it has to be inserted manually.
This is stressful, time-consuming and error prone. Many recruiters often find themselves wondering “why the heck can’t our background checks processes be integrated into our ATS?”
eFetch To The Rescue
Well, courtesy of a new eFetch capability, such Applicant Tracking System integration is now possible. For those who aren’t familiar with eFetch, is a background check system developed by Crimcheck. Its goal is to speed up the background checks process by simplifying its core tasks.
By using eFetch, a recruiter can order for a background check, pay for it, track its progress and receive the background checks report. All in a simple and straightforward manner. Best of all, the system can even help with legal compliance by simplifying the process of creating and sending adverse action notifications.
Thanks to Crimcheck’s ATS integration, a recruiter can access eFetch’s core functionality within their ATS. This basically means that they can order, pay for and track background checks – right from within their ATS. This makes life much simpler for recruiters to find qualified candidates easier.
How eFetch ATS Integration Works
At a basic level, ATS integration works by creating a communication channel between the eFetch backend and the ATS software. This channel enables the two platforms to exchange information in real time. The end result is that eFetch’s functions are available from the ATS.
What is worth noting is that any information exchange between eFetch and an ATS is performed at the highest levels of security. Given the sensitivity of applicant information, as well as privacy concerns, all integration is implemented at maximum security.
Benefits of ATS Integration
Integrating eFetch technology into an ATS offers a number of benefits. The most pronounced benefits is how easy it is to access all of our eFetch functionality. Integration provides access to core eFetch functions from within the ATS. These core functions include
- Sending background check service requests
- Using Crimcheck’s predefined packages in the requests
- Checking the status of requests
- Receiving fully customizable reports
- Receiving the standard predefined screening report (which is in PDF format)
These functions basically enable an organization to enjoy Crimcheck’s background checks process right from their ATS. This ultimately makes it easier for an organization to create a holistic applicant screening process using their ATS.
A Smoother Learning Curve For Staff
Having a separate ATS and background check system makes life harder for employees. This is because they have to spend time learning how to use both systems. An integrated system eliminates such hurdles. This streamlines the hiring process.
With ATS integration, employees can master eFetch background check functionalities with ease. This is because the functionalities are provided within the familiar interface of the ATS. For employees who have already been using the ATS, mastering the background checks functions is a breeze. For employees who are unfamiliar with the ATS, the integration shortens the learning curve.
With ATS integration, the mistakes which can occur when manually feeding background checks information into the ATS are completely eliminated. This is because the information is automatically added into the system. As a result, any legal consequences of such mistakes are thwarted.
Faster Hiring Process
ATS integration speeds up the hiring process by eliminating the time usually spent trying to combine the info contained in the ATS with the other background check system. Instead of this manual combination, all info is automatically combined, thus quickly providing the ultimate hiring decision makers with holistic information on which to base their decisions.
Which ATS are currently Integrated?
The eFetch system is currently integrated into the following applicant tracking systems
: Bullhorn, iCIMS, Taleo, Lumesse, Hiringthing, Newton Software, and SmartRecruiters. Each of these systems contain software which can be used for applicant tracking.
- JazzHR is powerful, user-friendly, and affordable recruiting software that is purpose-built to help growing companies exceed their recruiting goals. JazzHR’s best-in-class software replaces time-consuming and manual hiring tasks with intuitive software designed to help teams recruit and hire the right talent, fast. https://www.jazzhr.com/. To sign up for a free consultation, click here.
- Bullhorn is primarily a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. However, it also has a staffing and recruiting software with a strong ATS component. Bullhorn’s ATS provides among others mobile recruiting, LinkedIn integration, applicant screening, passive activity tracking, and so on. Details can be found here, https://www.bullhorn.com/products/applicant-tracking-system/.
- iCIMS is the leading recruitment software provider for employers to attract, engage and hire great people. iCIMS enables companies to manage and scale their recruiting process through a full product suite and an ecosystem of 250 integrated partners. Established in 2000, iCIMS supports 4,000 customers, including one in every six Global 1000 companies in the US, hiring 4 million people each year and is the largest software provider dedicated to talent acquisition. For more information, click here.
- Taleo is an Oracle, founded database vendor which offers a range of services including talent acquisition, performance management, learning & development, and compensation management. Details of its services can be found here.
- SmartRecruiters is a recruiting software which is marketed as “the successor to traditional ATS”. It is a cloud-based system which offers ATS capabilities, plus many other helpful features. More about these features can be found on its website found here, https://www.smartrecruiters.com/.
- Lumesse is a talent management system which helps HRs to simplify performance management, compensation and performance management. Details of its various features can be found on its website, https://lumesse.com/talent-management
- HiringThing is an affordable applicant tracking system and hiring software that helps organizations of all sizes post jobs online, manage applicants, and hire great employees. https://www.hiringthing.com/
- Newton Software is a cloud-based ATS which is specifically designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. The details of its features can be found on its website, https://newtonsoftware.com/
- Employstream offers the best onboarding and candidate experience platform in the staffing industry. Built to automate and simplify critical touchpoints throughout the hiring process, EmployStream’s cloud-based, mobile-first platform makes qualifying, hiring, and engaging candidates easy for everyone involved. It eliminates costly mistakes and delays allowing companies to hire up to 90% faster and at half the cost. The details of its features can be found on its website here, https://www.employstream.com/.
In a nutshell, those are the ATS which currently support integration with the eFetch system. Other ATS can be integrated on a case-by-case basis.
If the ATS is part of a HRMIS, then there are two possibilities: The first is XML Integration which grants access to all eFetch functionalities. The other is iFrame integration which offers access to limited eFetch functionalities.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Contact us here