For over 20 years, Crimcheck has specialized in providing background checks for the healthcare industry. As the preferred background checks partner of many healthcare organizations, we have helped countless employers to effectively screen applicants and employees for healthcare positions.
Our forte is providing specialized background check services for specific positions within the healthcare industry. One of these specialized checks is the physician background checks. These background checks are intended to help employers when screening applicants or employees.
The physician background checks target individuals who are meant to work as physicians within a healthcare setting. This includes both medical practitioners and specialists (e.g. oncologists, gynecologists, obstetricians, surgeons, etc).
The background checks are intended to help recruiters to examine the aspects which are critical to the success of any physician. This ranges from their education and training, to licensing and even criminal background history. The background checks for physicians include the following:
- Professional License Verification
- Education and Employment Verification
- Sex Offender Search
- Social Security Trace
- Criminal Records Check
Here is a breakdown of the different categories of background checks
This checks whether a physician has been sanctioned by the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) or other healthcare regulators. Individuals can be sanctioned for healthcare violations. It is illegal for organizations which receive participate in federal programs like Medicare and Medicaid to employ sanctioned individuals.
The penalties for employing sanctioned physicians can be quite severe. Examples include fines of up to $10,000 per violation, suspension from Medicare and Medicaid, and, in extreme conditions, jail time. Basically, it is in the best interest of healthcare organizations to ensure that they do not employ sanctioned individuals.
Our SanctionsCheck saves organizations from the risk of employing sanctioned individuals. This is because we:
- Conduct an extensive search in up to 30 databases including SAM Excluded Parties List, GSA/EPLS Database, Federal Health & Human Services List, and many others
- Conduct a multi-state search
- Comply with all sanctions screening requirements
- Provide a comprehensive, customized report
Professional License Verification
This investigates the professional licensing status of the applicant. It checks whether the individual is licensed to practice as a physician, and whether the license is active, or has been revoked or canceled. It also checks whether the person has been disbarred for any past medical malpractices.
The license verification cuts across state lines. This is because sanctioned individuals have been known to exploit multi-state licensing options to work in another state after having their license revoked in one state.
Besides the current licensing status, the professional license verification also reports the history of the physician’s licensing. This includes any past situations where the license was suspended or revoked. Ultimately, a recruiter is provided with enough information for making a hiring decision from an informed perspective.
Education and Employment Verification
This conducts a thorough investigation into an applicant or employee’s educational and employment background. The aim is to identify any inaccuracies, exaggerations, or outright falsehoods in an applicant’s resume.
It is no secret that applicants sometimes spruce up their resumes to make them appear more attractive to recruiters. Some go as far as using diploma mills to acquire false academic credentials. Others include fictitious employers in their work records.
Crimcheck’s education and employment verification shines a light on any deceptions. The verification service for physicians is thorough, exhaustive, and extremely detailed. We understand the importance of having an individual with the right credentials.
For employment records, we go beyond verification. We investigate:
- Incidences of professional misconduct
- Patient abuse, neglect, or mistreatment
- Theft, misappropriation, or embezzlement of medical supplies
- Incidences of medical fraud or malpractice
- Any other specific information our client needs to know
Criminal Records Check
This conducts a thorough investigation of an applicant’s criminal history. This includes arrests, convictions, cautions, fines, out-of-court settlements, and other legal involvements. The aim of this is to provide a detailed record of the applicant’s brushes with the legal system.
For physicians, we take special focus on misdemeanors, felonies, or other infractions connected to their medical profession. This includes issues like Medicaid or Medicare fraud, patient abuse and neglect, or other medical malpractices which often lead to criminal investigations and/or convictions.
Our criminal records check for physicians are characterized by the following:
- Thorough investigations going back to 7 years or more (according to the client’s wishes)
- Investigations carried out at federal, state, and local levels
- Criminal records checks carried out in all the jurisdictions the applicant/employee has lived and worked in
- Customized background checks reports to highlight the areas which are of greatest importance to the client
- Checks carried out using dozens of information sources and techniques
- All criminal record reports thoroughly vetted to ensure maximum accuracy of information
Crimcheck specializes in providing employers with the most exhaustive background services possible. Our goal to ensure our clients get the background check reports which they can confidently use to make informed hiring decisions.
As such, we have refined a methodology for conducting comprehensive background checks within the shortest time possible. We have a dedicated team of real people who conduct the background checks.
Our team is composed of highly trained and vastly experienced background check professionals. These experts are always on hand to offer real-time assistance to our clients whenever the need arises.
Therefore, if you are looking for a background checks partner to provide reliable physician background checks, you will not find a better option than Crimcheck.
We are the best option for you because:
- Our background checks are 100% accurate. This is because they are thoroughly vetted for accuracy.
- Our background checks are 100% legally compliant. We comply not just with the FCRA, but with other federal, state, and local legislation’s which are relevant in the jurisdiction from which we are conducting the searches.
- Our technology is cutting-edge. We are pace-setters when it comes to using technology to simplify how our clients access, pay for, track, and receive background check services.
- We specialize in the healthcare industry. We have been providing high-quality background checks in the healthcare industry for over 20 years. As such, we understand the nuances of operating in the industry. We are therefore capable of offering the best background checks possible.
- We offer customized background checks. All our background checks are customized to the needs of our clients. Basically, we find out what you need, and customize our services to suit them.
If you are accurate, legally-compliant and reliable physician background checks, look no further than Crimcheck. To inquire about our background checks, get a free quote