The Melissa Linville Criminal Justice Scholarship
This scholarship is named in memory of Melissa M. Linville, a former beloved Crimcheck team member and friend, in order to honor and extend her legacy of charity, good works, and selflessness. During her life, Melissa touched countless lives through her service and compassion to others, her sincerity of heart, and the joy she brought to everyone surrounding her.
Crimcheck is honored to announce the 2018 recipient of the Melissa L. Linville Criminal Justice Scholarship. The 2018 scholarship was awarded to Lauren W. from Southeast Missouri State University
. This scholarship was established for two purposes: to foster and support education leading towards a Criminal Justice career path and to reward deserving applicants who are excellent representatives of this field. Lauren is studying for a dual degree in Anthropology and Criminal Justice. Her heart lies in helping others and creating a world of positivity and opportunity. She has a passion for service which is why she will be pursuing a graduate degree in Criminology/Victimology, with the hope that she can work to develop restorative and preventative programs for victims of crime and at-risk youth. Greatly influenced by movements like The Red Sand Project, she hopes to one day serve as an advocate for survivors of human trafficking.
Crimcheck offers an annual $500 scholarship award to a student who is currently enrolled, or recent high school graduates who are pursuing post-secondary education with the goal of a career in the criminal justice field. Established in 2014, this award recognizes outstanding achievements in academics as well as a desire to make a positive difference in the world.
This scholarship is open to:
- Students who are currently enrolled in post-secondary education or high school seniors/recent high school graduates who are pursuing post-secondary education in the criminal justice field
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be full time or part time students enrolled in classes for the current year.
- All applications (including essay) must be submitted to Scholarship @ Crimcheck.com (no spaces, click the link) by August 1, 2019
- To be considered, the following must be submitted together: your information (name, email & phone), transcript of proof of enrollment & a 1-2 page essay (details below)
- Winner will be selected on August 15, 2019
- Applications must include a 1-2 page essay describing the applicant’s ambition and goals in the criminal justice field and describing the reason for choosing a career in the criminal justice field, long term goals, and how the scholarship will help meet those goals
Crimcheck will review essays for the following criteria:
- Ambitiousness and desire to be a part of the Criminal Justice field
- Demonstration of knowledge and commitment to a career in the criminal justice field
- Does the applicant demonstrate leadership and willingness to learn