Employment Background Screening and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
What’s in the eBook?
- History of the FCRA
- Employer Responsibilities
- Before Obtaining a Background Check Report
- Agreement to comply with the FCRA
- Notice and Authorization to the Applicant
- Permissible Purpose
- The Background Check Report – What Information Can Be Included?
- FCRA Time Limits
- Criminal Convictions
- State FCRA Laws
- Employer Response to Background Report Information
- Pre-Adverse Action
- Adverse Action
- Disposal of Background Check Reports
- Scope of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- State Specific FCRA Laws
- Additional Considerations when Screening: EEOC Guidelines
- FCRA Terms and Definitions
- The Bottom Line: Quick Guide to FCRA Compliance
Get your copy to read more!