Commercial drivers working under the regulations for the following are required to have pre employment mandated driving and other record checks.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Maritime Administration fall under the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
Crimcheck specializes in providing mandated background checks and driving record verifications, DOT Employment Verifications and Drug and Alcohol Testing for those in the trucking and transportation industry. We can implement annual testing and help you maintain industry regulated compliance.
The DOT employment verification is a more detailed investigation of a candidate’s employment history. A driver’s DOT background check needs details specific information from the past 3 years. DOT employment verifications must be completed within 30 days of the candidate being hired, per the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Crimcheck will verify:
- Dates of Employment
- Position Held
- Was the employee in a DOT
- Drug and Alcohol Pool
- Did the employee have alcohol test with a results of .04 or higher?
- Did the employee have verified positive drug tests?
- Did the employee ever refuse a drug or alcohol test?
- Did the employee have other violations of DOT agency drug and alcohol testing regulations?
- Did a previous employer report a drug and alcohol rule violation?
- If yes to any of the questions above, did the employee complete the return to duty process?
What are DOT Employment Verifications?
A DOT Employment Verification is simply an expanded employment verification. Along with verifying previous employment history such as position and dates employed, it also verifies information about the candidate’s driving history.
It includes questions regarding previous accident history, drug, substance abuse and alcohol test records and refusals to test and other specific driving information.
The Department of Transportation or DOT, requires a DOT Employment Verification from the past 3 years for all commercial drivers.