Commercial drivers working under the regulations for the following are required to have pre employment mandated driving and other record checks.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Maritime Administration fall under the Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations
Crimcheck specializes in providing mandated background checks and driving record verifications, DOT Employment Verifications and Drug and Alcohol Testing for those in the trucking and transportation industry. We can implement annual testing and help you maintain industry regulated compliance.
The DOT employment verification is a more detailed investigation of a candidate’s employment history. A driver’s DOT background check needs details specific information from the past 3 years. DOT employment verifications must be completed within 30 days of the candidate being hired, per the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Crimcheck will verify:
- Company Name
- Dates of Employment
- Type of Driver (Tractor-Trailer, Tanker, Van, Flat Bed, Hazmat, Other)
- Type of Driving (Over the Road, Local, Both)
- If the candidate ever refused a drug or alcohol test
- If the candidate every failed a drug or alcohol test
- If there was ever an accident. If there was, the details of the accident, including whether the accident was DOT reportable, preventable and the date.
What are DOT Employment Verifications?
A DOT Employment Verification is simply an expanded employment verification. Along with verifying previous employment history such as position and dates employed, it also verifies information about the candidate’s driving history.
It includes questions regarding previous accident history, drug, substance abuse and alcohol test records and refusals to test and other specific driving information.
The Department of Transportation or DOT, requires a DOT Employment Verification from the past 3 years for all commercial drivers.