Studies show that 18% of all applicants will use fraudulent identities that were caught with a CBSV search. Protect your vital business interests today with a Consent Based Social Security Number Verification.
The Social Security Administration created the Consent Based Social Security Verification (CBSV) in 2002 to help various businesses protect their interests.
The CBSV will verify the SSN for name, date of birth and social security number. It will also match the SSN to the SSA’s record and search the Death Master Index to identify if the person is deceased.
Crimcheck directly searches with the Social Security Administration for companies who ordered this service. Consent for the social security number is required to run this check. Click here to download the form.
This service can be performed before and after hiring and it is recommended for any company or organization that provides financial services such as banking or mortgage services.
What does the CBSV provide?
- Direct access to the SSA Master File and Death Index
- 100% accurate matching of Name, SSN, Date of Birth, and Death Indicator
- Online access with instantaneous results
- Fraud mitigation to significantly reduce loan losses, net charge-offs, bad and negligent hires, unauthorized applicants, and unauthorized and workers
What are the uses of the CBSV check?
- Loan Originations (Auto, Personal) / Mortgages / Depository accounts
- Security / Fraud and Special Investigative Units / Insurance Adjustment / Forensic Accounting / Claims Adjusting
- Compliance – Exceeds Internal, State, and Federal Requirements. Used for Customer Identification Programs (CIP), FTC Red Flags Rule, Fannie Mae Loan Quality Initiative (LQI), Dodd–Frank Protection Act (DFPA), Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Background checks / Tenant screens / Employment; prep — hire and post — hire / HR Management
- New Accounts / Clients, Members, Students, Policyholders, Volunteers, Licenses, Permits, etc.