Our new and improved Consent Based Social Security Number Verification is a crucial component to the employment screening process. It uses data that comes directly from the Social Security Administration and offers accurate matching of an individual’s name with their social security number, date of birth and their gender – instantly. This can be used for every type of business purpose in every industry for both pre and post hire. The Consent Based Social Security Number Verification is the top compliance component for state and federal regulatory requirements.
If you have a large number of Social Security numbers which must be verified, our system can easily handle batch submissions.
Social Security Verification Results
There are three different outcomes when running the CBSV.
1. “yes” – The information submitted matches the records with the Social Security Administration
2. “no” – The information submitted does not match the records with the Social Security Administration
3. “Deceased” – The information submitted matches the records with the Social Security Administration however, the records also specify that the number holder is deceased
Reasons to use the Social Security Number Verification
- Fight fraud and identity theft
- Reduce the risk of potential losses for businesses
- Protect your brand
- Prevent financial losses caused by fraud
- Reduce employee turnover
- Eliminate wasted recruiting and training expenses
- Our new system is much less vulnerable to those who may exploit or manipulate other systems
- Reduce the risk of being fined, penalized or even sanctioned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- 80% of fraud is preventable – you can prevent this happening to you or your company
- Diminish the chance of identity theft incidents
- Unlike most databases which can have stale and inaccurate information outdated by 90 days, our new system data is up to date
What We Know
- Perpetrators exploit system vulnerabilities / Current systems are polluted and easily manipulated
- Businesses are at great risk for losses across multiple operational areas
- FinCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network), IRS, and ICE fines, penalties, and sanctions are increasing
- Utilization of CBSV leads to the Absolute Validation Methodology
- The best protection is from official governmental source data
- 20 – 35% of financial losses are fraud related
- CBSV is the premier method of mitigating fraud and identity theft
Benefits of the SSV
- Most reliable source of information since it comes directly from a government source; the Social Security Administration.
- When the personal identifiers are input correctly, the results are 100% accurate.
Fraud and identity theft costs companies billions of dollars annually with financial institutions being the prime target.
How is the Consent Based Social Security Number Verification different from the Social Security Number Trace
A social security trace is a tool used to pull back residential history on an individual. This residential history includes the previous cities and counties where the individual resided in which Crimcheck then searches for criminal records. The trace consists of information from the three credit bureaus, Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. These credit bureaus simply report on an individual’s activity. It is not reported by the Social Security Administration.
Bottom Line: The Social Security Trace provides the year and state of issuance along with jurisdictional information (information provided by credit bureaus). The CBSV includes data directly from the Social Security Administration and which matches personal identifiers with the social security number.
The CBSV does not confirm or provide proof of an individual’s identity. The “yes” or “no” simple acknowledges the SSN was checked against the records with the Social Security Administration.
Notes on the Consent Based Social Security Verification:
- The CBSV does not and should not take the place of I-9 verification or E-Verify as it does not satisfy the Department of Homeland Security’s requirements.
- The CBSV also does not verify an individual’s identity nor authenticates the individual’s right to work in the U.S.
- The CBSV does not allow the use of an electronic signature; the individual must physically sign the authorization form that is specific to CBSV in order to proceed.
Social Security Verification Terms to Know
CPN – Credit Profile Numbers are a stolen SSN which criminals use to create new “credit profiles” and false identities which are then sold
Synthetic Name Fraud – A stolen SSN which is combined with the criminal’s real name and date of birth
Piggybacking – Occurs when a broker illegally buys or sells a security or stock after a client has already authorized the transaction.
Social Security Administration – independent agency of the Federal government which administers social security